Beetroot Smoothie


Jim enters the office and impersonating Dwight says, "Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica"

No, I haven't gone crazy. 

Yes! That cracks me up like you have no idea!! 

You might get that only if you are a fellow fan of 'The Office'

Honestly I don't even know why I wrote this absolutely unrelated quote. Its just that whenever I think of Beetroots, this line immediately comes to my mind. 

Talking about beetroots, I don't remember a single time till very recently that I actually took the time to relish this on its own. The beauty of having a beetroot somehow escaped me all these years and now I am making up for it. I first made this gorgeous Rainbow hued Beetroot salad to have with Chicken Kebabs and now I used it again to make this smoothie. 

Now I am not a smoothie person. I mean why would you squish out all those beautiful veggies and fruits and whatnot to puree them and pour into the glass and then drink that gluggy liquid. I could not for the life of me understand the beauty in it. But now I do! I may not be completely converted yet, but I'm on the way.... This irresistible burgundy hued smoothie did that to me. I love the combination of flavours in this and I hope you do too.



Just take a moment and look at the saturated colour of these babies! Its incredible how beautiful the colour is! 




Serves: 2

Time taken: 5 minutes

Complexity: *

You'll need

1 large beetroot, peeled and roughly cut into chunks
1 apple
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1/2 tsp freshly roasted and ground cumin powder
1/2 tsp Kala namak or Himalayan Black salt
2/3 cup red cabbage, roughly shredded
3 plums, deseeded and chopped roughly
Pinch of love

Method

Get your things together in the food processor or a blender. The beets and the apples are there at the bottom. 



Add in the cumin 



And the Black salt. Give it a whizz till it is pureed like so. Taste and adjust seasoning. If you need you can add in a squeeze of lime or some orange juice too. 



Pour into your glass and say hello to healthy days! 



I love how the bright pink turns a few shades darker as the apples oxidise in a few minutes. 



I am so in love with this beautiful, rich hue.... I have had it thrice since I first made it and I kid you not, it always makes me feel so vibrant and healthy after! Like my body thanks me for drinking this. Maybe now it makes sense why the world loves the smoothie trend! Indulge! 






Comments

Popular Posts