Mango Salsa With Celebration Fajitas

To accompany the spicy Mexican fajitas that I made for Cinco de Mayo which literally translates to the 5th of May, I made this fresh n fiery Corn n Mango Salsa. 



Now we all know, that summers are all about Mangoes. Well, it would ring true if you were an Indian. Or does this concept hold true all over.....? Well whatever it is, I made this delicious salsa to go with the chicken fajitas. My friends, I tell you its a match made in heaven! The flavours go perfectly in harmony with each other, made me think why I was only stuck on our plain jane Pico de Gallo or the regular Salsa until now. 

So I present to you, the sweet and fiery salsa- Ki style! 

Serves: 4

Complexity: **

Time taken: 10-15 mins  

You'll need

3 semi- Ripe mangoes
2-3 jalapeno peppers
1 cup boiled corn
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp red chili flakes
4-5 stems cilantro leaves for garnishing
Lemon juice (optional, I skipped)
A Pinch of love

Method

Peel the mangoes. Dice them into small cubes.


Chop up the jalapeno peppers finely. Now in a bowl, add the chopped peppers, 


then the red onions


the mangoes, 


and the rest of the ingredients. 

Don't forget your pinch of love. 

Toss and cover. Place in the fridge to cool and let the flavours get to know each other better.  


Spoon the magnificent Mango n Corn salsa on top of the Chicken Fajitas or to eat with your tortilla chips. As delicious as it can be. The perfect balance of sweet and fiery. Indulge! :)  








Comments

Popular Posts