Pink Delight

Alright so I admit, I love the colour pink. I have always loved it, and I never really 'matured' from my 'girlie' phase, so will probably always will love it.



If you've read my earlier post La Pina Lemonade you'd know that we live in a dry state. No alcohol here. So if I want to entertain guests, I have to come up with fun welcome drinks. And when it comes to welcome drinks, Lemon is my favourite ingredient to work with. I admit, I'm quite obsessed with lemons. It is a problem, a tangy problem but I'm not complaining!

I can use the basic lemonade to make a variety of other drinks. Today I was in the mood for something deliciously Pink.

Makes: 3 glasses

Time: 5 mins

Complexity: You've gotta be kidding me!


Here's what you'll need

Juice of 1 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp sugar
1" piece of ginger, grated (use less if you don't like ginger, but please do not omit!)
500 ml of cranberry juice
Lemon slices and mint leaves to garnish
250 ml water
A pinch of love

Its so simple. Squeeze the lemons. Add sugar and water to stir. Add the grated ginger with the juice. Make sure its a young root of ginger. You'll notice how ginger changes colour as soon as it hits the lemony water. Turns Pink! Now add the cranberry juice in the mix and stir well till all the sugar dissolves and the flavour of ginger is infused well enough. This will take you about 3 mins. Time it, if you want! Now strain the mocktail. Pour it into glasses. Decorate with a slice of lemon and a sprig of mint leaves. I sometimes add a few more mint leaves in the glass itself. Tastes even better. You choose! Blow a kiss to the beautiful Pink Delight and enjoy with your favourite snack or just as a refreshing drink. Sip sip and away......Indulge!!







Comments

Popular Posts