Bruschetta al Pomodoro

Have you ever thought of the perfect food that you could eat all summer? Let me help you and give you a hint. 

A bread base, toasted to perfection, laden with fresh juicy red tomatoes that are infused with the signature Italiano flavours.... mmmm....any guesses yet?! 

No??! 

Well lets introduce you to my verrrrrrrry best food friend- The Bruschetta. 


And please, since I'm such a food snob, don't pronounce this as 'Brushetta'. Its pronounced BrusKetta. Thank you. Now I can live(eat it) in peace. 

On that note, Bruschetta gets its name from the Italian word bruscare which means to burn/toast. 

And also since I care about you all soooooooo very much from the bottom of my heart, I do need to include a fair warning. You WILL tend to heap the bruschetta with the luscious tomatoes and they WILL fall off when you bite. My warning here is, try and have faster reflexes to catch all those fallen little angels of flavour in your plate. Thank you. 

Now we can get on to the recipe

Serves: 4

Complexity: **

Time taken: 10 mins prep + 20 mins refrigeration time

You'll need

4 Tomatoes, diced. 
1 loaf of baguette or a crusty bread
10-12 basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oregano
Basil leaves, hand torn
1 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of your love

Method

Take the tomatoes and dice them. I like to keep mine chunkier. De-seed them if you want to. I don't care if I have some seeds in my bruschetta

To this, add olive oil. By the time I took the picture, the oil has sunk down to the bottom of the bowl. But you be generous with the drizzle of the olive oil.


Freshly ground Black pepper


and in goes the oregano


and then the Salt


Basil leaves, hand torn. Just tear the leaves apart before adding them. 



Garlic powder, just because I think raw garlic gets too overwhleming 
sometimes. We don't want garlic breath, do we?!




Pinch of your love and mix everything together. Cover n store in the refrigerator for 20 minutes just so the flavours get to know each other better.




Meanwhile, take your baguette and cut about 3/4" pieces on the diagonal. Toast the bread so that its golden. Toasting helps the bread from getting soggy from the juices of the tomato and olive oil.




Take the tomatoes out of the fridge and heap them up on the toasted bread.




Just because I am me and I love cheese, I added mozzarella to a few pieces and placed them in the oven for a few minutes just till the cheese had melted. 



Et voila! Meet your new bff for a beautiful sunny summer day. Indulge! 





Comments

  1. hey got here from the ahmedabad food group, did not know you too have a blog, nice space, lets connect thru blogging world too. and of yes, its calling out loud that summer is here with this summer special dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linsy! Its a pleasure connecting with you as well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts