Sexiest Fudgy Walnut Brownies









It was the middle of the day and I had a chocolate craving. I just wanted to get my hands on something gooey and chocolate-y. What could've been better than these sexiest brownies that you'll ever eat! 


Now I don't claim to be an expert on making brownies, but I have had people tell me that I do make the best brownies ever! No tall claims here I swear! The brownies I'm making here today are not overly sweet (we hate that don't we?), rich, dense and sticky- just how the right kind of brownies are! Not only that but they have a flaky crispy crust on the top that cracks at the slightest touch of the knife. And the cherry on top or in this case there are walnuts in the middle...spread all through the brownie. Just a bit of crunch in that rich chocolate fudge brownie. Mmm mmm mmm 


I'm not a huge chocolate lover but when it comes to these beautiful brown pieces of heaven that absolutely melt in your mouth so sinfully.... I'm a goner. And sometimes you need a best friend to tell you that everything will be alright, to brighten up your day, to add some sparkle in your life, to add a skip in your step. This brownie does much more than that. It will hold your hand, comfort you, tantalize you and satisfy you. 






Oh and the best part is that it all just doesn't end there. You can go in for a second piece when the first one's gone. After all, its not everyday that you bake these beautiful little parcels of delight to treat yourselves, not that it would be wrong to treat yourself everyday. HHhmmmm.... maybe I will bake some more as soon as this batch gets over! What say people? Should I?


Anyway, here's a very warm welcome to our old dear friend- The Brownie! 


Serves: 10-12


Time: 45 mins


Complexity: **


You'll need


1 cup cream or 1 1/4 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
150 gms dark chocolate, melted
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp Instant espresso diluted in 2 tbsp of water
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/8th tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
Pinch of love


Method


We'll be using a manual whisk today instead of my dear friend the food processor. You don't need a lot of labour, so don't worry.


Line a baking tray with some foil or parchment paper and brush it with out. I like to keep a slight overhang so its easier for me to pull out the brownies when they're ready. 


Preheat the oven at 180C or 350F


Cream together the butter and sugar first. Whisk well till it becomes fluffy.






Add in the eggs and whisk till the mix becomes frothy.






Add the vanilla extract and espresso mix to this and whisk again. 






Add the melted chocolate along with the cocoa powder and whisk till well combined. The melted chocolate should be thick and glossy. If it is not glossy, then you haven't melted it right. Heat it on a double boiler and keep stirring till its melted. Quick Tip Before melting chocolate, chop it up into really small pieces. It will melt quickly and evenly. 






Last but not the least, add the salt, flour, walnuts and your love to the mix. Fold it into the mixture. Do NOT Over-mix. Just about a couple lethargic whisks till you see the batter ready. 






Pour the batter in the baking tray. 






Bake for around 30 mins depending on your oven. Check with cake tester or tooth pick. It should come out clean with a few crumbs attached to it. Your brownie is ready. 


Cut it up as you like. I chose a round baking tray this time so I had a pie like piece of brownie. You can also cut it in squares if you want. Don't forget a generous dusting of powdered sugar on it. Ohhh so pretty.... and doesn't it remind you of the beautiful white snow. Absolutely perfect. Bite into the glorious treat and don't forget to share. Indulge!! :))  









Comments

  1. Ravneet, I'm going to make these for Mom's Everyday Meals Cooking Challenge, December is Fudge, I think this definitely counts! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, I know his reply is coming in wayyyy to late, but I must have missed it somehow. I know you've already made these and also mentioned me on your blog, A BIG THANK YOU for that! :) Wishing you Happy Cooking! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it?! Just try making it... Its always a super hit! :) Happy Cooking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts